Prepare your trip to enjoy fully your trip. This small checklist will help you to see more clearly.
– the national language is Brazilian Portuguese, although very similar to the original Portuguese, its pronunciation is different. Those who speak Spanish will have facilities to communicate. At the hotel, French, Portuguese and English are spoken.
– the national currency is Real(R$). The conversion rate varies around 4(1 Euro = 4 reais).
– a passport whose validity date is 6 months higher than the date of entry is sufficient to travel in Brazil for a maximum of 90 days.
– flight: the arrival is at the international airport of Fortaleza – Pinto Martins. From France, it is advisable to leave with the TAP. With a stopover in Lisbon, the journey is fast and prices are correct.
– the hotel can book a taxi from the airport to the village of Patos (4 people max, space for boardbags, 400 reais per trip, about 3 hours drive). Inquire at the hotel to find out the itinerary in case of car rental.
– The nearest ATM machine to Patos is about 30 km away. It is better to provide the money needed for the restaurants by withdrawing at the airport.
– The dishes of the restaurants vary between 20 and 30 reais.
– no vaccine is needed. Biafine for sunburns and sticking-plaster for occasional small injuries can be helpful.
– provide high-index sunscreen, sunglasses, cap and a sweatshirt, anti-mosquito spray although they are rare on the beach and at the hotel. The temperature of the water makes it possible to ride in short but it is important to protect oneself from the sun with a lycra or t-shirt dedicated to ride.
– The wind usually oscillates from 20 to 30 knots. A person of 70kg will need a 7m and a 9m. At the beginning and at the end of the season, during the month of July and the month of January, the wind can drop to 15-20 knots. It is good to plan the material accordingly. The kitesurf school offers equipment for renting if needed.
– Feel free to contact the hotel for any other information.